The Mozilla Foundation’s Firefox project started in September 2002 as Phoenix, and after a while, because the name Phoenix was the same as a company of the same name, it was renamed Firebird to May 2003, together with the release of version 0.6. The life of this name was not long due to the existence of a database project with the same name, and finally on February 9, 2004, at the same time as the release of version 0.8, the name Firefox was selected and finalized.
Firefox has become the most popular browser in a short time and has attracted the opinion of many users. The high page loading speed, the replacement of tabs instead of separate pages (Tabbed Browsing), functional extensions, etc. are among the features that have long made Firefox unique among browsers.
After the entry of Google with the presentation of the Chrome browser and the free Opera browser, this market has become hotter and it still continues…
On November 14, 2017, the Mozilla Foundation released a major update, a different version called Mozilla Firefox Quantum, which became the first choice for many users with twice the speed and 30% less memory usage. .
Mozilla Firefox Browser Features and Functionality:
– The extraordinary security of Firefox compared to other browsers
– High page loading speed in Firefox, as well as improved program execution speed in new versions
– Simple, yet professional and very flexible user interface
– The existence of very diverse and useful plugins
– Full compatibility with all types of web design technologies
– Strong and different RSS feature of this browser than other browsers
– Has dedicated versions for different operating systems
All the changes made to the different versions of this browser can be viewed here.
Tips for Firefox:
– The final version of Firefox is always installed and trial versions are not installed due to problems, and the use of these versions is not recommended.
– The latest version of the program is always placed on the main page of the Mozilla site, with a delay compared to its FTP.
Windows XP SP2 –
Windows Server 2003 SP1 –
Windows Vista –
Windows 7 –
Windows 8 –
CPU: Pentium 4 or newer processor supporting SSE2
RAM: 512 MB
Hard disk : 200 MB of hard disk space
There is no particular interest in installing Firefox, and by installing the new version, the information and settings of the previous version are preserved and updated.