macOS, formerly known as OS X or earlier Mac OS, is Apple’s proprietary operating system, and macOS Sierra is the latest version of this operating system for Macintosh personal computers and servers. The efficiency, stability and security of this version of the operating system have increased significantly.
With macOS Sierra, Mac users can do their job easier, smarter, now you can work with multiple programs at the same time via Split View, easily pin favorite websites. Manage your emails in full screen and with the possibility of defining gestures. Easily save your notes in a checklist. In the context of the new capabilities of this operating system, extensive improvements have been made in the lower layers of the operating system to increase speed and efficiency, for example, faster opening of programs, e- emails and PDF files, faster startup, etc. These improvements are noticeable in computer and heavy programs as well as games will show their impact well.
Features and Functions of macOS Sierra Operating System:
- Significant increase in operating system speed and efficiency, security and stability
- Design improvement
- Increased speed of opening PDF files (according to Apple, 4 times faster)
- Double the speed of switching between programs and viewing emails
- 40% increase in program execution speed
- Increased the memory limit that can be allocated to the GPU from 1024 megabytes to 1536 megabytes
- Using the Metal GUI to increase the speed and efficiency of games and specialized software
- Ability to run multiple programs at the same time
- Better office space management
- Spotlight tool to search for news, weather, files, etc. (with natural language support, for example, searching for the phrase “presentation I gave on Friday”)
- Super convenient note taking with the ability to convert notes into checklists, the ability to add photos, videos, links and maps to notes and…
- Safari browser improvements, e.g. ability to pin favorite websites, mute tabs with sound, ability to play videos on HDTV with AirPlay
- Improved map and navigation
- Introducing new beautiful and standard fonts
macOS Catalina runs on Macs that support Mojave, except Mac Pro 2010-2012:
- iMac: Late 2012 or newer
- iMac Pro: all models
- Mac Pro: Late 2013 or newer
- Mac Mini: Late 2012 or newer
- MacBook: Early 2015 or newer
- MacBook Air: Mid 2012 or newer
- MacBook Pro: Mid 2012 or newer, with non-Retina models
Burn the image file to a DVD or USB flash drive and install the operating system. You can also use TransMac software on Windows.
The installed version is the original version from the Mac App Store and is in DMG format and unmodified.
4.1/5 – (99611 points)