Hamachi allows you to create secure direct connections to PCs that are inaccessible due to network configuration restrictions. For example, if your personal computer is connected to the Internet via a broadband connection or a router, you generally cannot access it, for example from your office. A networking technology that connects two computers directly to each other over the Internet.
Hamachi Features and Facilities:
- Network capacity: create or join 256 Hamachi networks
- User Capacity: Each Hamachi network can have up to 50 concurrent users.
- Peer to Peer Chat: Exchange chat messages in online and offline pairs
- Group Chat: Chat with everyone in the online network in a single chat window
- Password protection: provide a valid password to anyone trying to join the network
- Network Lock: Lock your Hamachi networks to prevent new members from joining.
- Membership Approval: Block new members from accessing your network until they are manually approved by you or an administrator.
- Kick Member: Kick an existing member of your Hamachi network. This cancels your membership, but does not prevent you from rejoining the network.
- Member ban: Create a list of Hamachi clients (Hamachi IP address) who cannot be connected to your network under any circumstances.
- Create administrators: Designate a network member as a network administrator and define your specific capabilities.
- Network messages: set welcome or announcement messages for each network you have assigned
Windows Vista (all versions), Server 2008 Standard Edition, Small Business Server 2008
Windows 7 (all versions), Server 2008 r2 (all versions)
Windows 8, 8.1 (desktop UI only)
Windows Server 2012
Mac OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or newer on Intel-based Macs
This version is free.